Skip to main content

(can you suggest me a title for this story?)



So Meg , where were you last summers?
I was finding a job , I suppose.
So... didn't you go anywhere.. I mean .. out?
Oh yeah ... I did. I went to Laddakh...
So with whom did you go?
Vandy , I know that you know everything then what you want to know from me?
With whom did you Go... Meg?
I went with Vish , he was my .. my net friend.
I know him... have heard a lot about him.
So?
So... I want to ask you ... why are you marrying my brother?
what ?
I said ... why are you marrying my brother when you love someone else.  
Oh for god's sake ! I don’t love Vish .. he is .. he is just a friend.
Oh.. really! You went on a trip with your friend... Alone... so how close you have been to him... hmm..
"Enough Vandy !" , interrupted Rajveer ; I love to call him RV , he looked into the eyes of his sister with anger mixed love , he again said with more mild tone , "Please ! Don’t... don’t pester her anymore... would you mind leaving us alone for sometime Vandy ?"
Vandy gave me a hateful look and went away. But before leaving she whispered something and I guess she said “Marriage is not a funny thing.”
I heard RV taking a deep breath. He held my hand , I dared to look into his eyes but then looked away. He patted my hand... I have begun to understand his sign language... I replied it by holding his hand more tightly.

The night folded its stars. Sunbeams have erased the sign of darkness from the sky. Everything looked fine again. " ah...panoramic view..." ... "Yeah! and you say this every morning..." Vandy retorted back on what I had said to myself. But I had learned to tolerate Vandy's comments. I looked away. I know she doesn't hate me . She just too much loves her brother... "sometimes I think you are marrying my brother for this..." , "for what?", "for this ... panoramic view.." , "Oh Vandy ! not again please ... get ready fast, I'll drop you at your office." , RV again saved me... I am afraid he takes my side too much. He wished me morning and kissed me , when Vandy was out of sight. I faintly smiled. He understood and begun talking about daily stuff , talking about all crap. This made me really smile. He smiled back and ... soon they both had left me alone.

God knows for how much time I was sitting like a dumb , thinking about nothing but watching the beauty of this heavenly place. Vandy didn't know , she was right to some extent , I gave my consent to marry RV , only after seeing his home surrounded by beauty and peace. I smiled while thinking this. No , but this is not the only reason ... we both ... had begun to understand each other's signs. And ... I know... Rajveer really loves me.

 ***                                                      ***                                                      ***

"Its our third anniversary and I want you to know Meg that ..."
A deadly silence followed RV's words ... he looked very serious... I could bear no more and I suppose my face gave this 'so fearful' expression that my husband broke into a hearty laugh. He continued , "Meg ... I ...I love you more and more as each day pass... you have given me so much Meg .. I knew I was right and Vandy was wrong... she used to think that ... that you are a wrong person for me... but you had been a lovely wife to me Meg... thank you .. thank you so much.." Rajveer kissed me and lifted me in his arms... took me to bed. I was not prepared for this… I wanted to talk… he put off the lights and lighted some fragrant candles … something inside me was shouting No No… and I felt time has stopped ... and I could hear nothing.. I could feel nothing... and... I was far away ... on some island ... again i was a kid ... playing with shells and sand... running ... running wildly... i heard mixed voices ... mom calling for breakfast... Di giggling ... bro begging to play with him... i looked up the sky was getting darker... i saw far .. far off ... there was campfire... i heard merry voices of strangers... i went nearer ... i saw someone sitting in the corner in the shadow... i heard him playing the guitar ... I heard the song ... i saw those black eyes... 
"Meg... meg... wake up... I am getting late...  prepare tea for me... Meg! " , "Raaaj... ! "  I tried to open my eyes... "Meg ! be fast please... I am going to take bath okay." I closed my eyes tightly , trying to recall last night... and when I opened my eyes I saw Rajveer's head popping out of the bathroom door , he said , " Meg thanks for the last night , it was better than 31st December night... " He shut the door. I slowly gathered   my scattered clothes.



***                                                                   ***                                                              ***

Most married couple lose the charm after five-six years of marriage. They lose their happiness and they think its because they have lost their love. But its not true in most cases. Love ,  in a  marriage , is always based on mutual understanding than passionate feelings of youth. And mutual understanding , in a marriage , is sometimes more than understanding each other's signs . Communicating your feelings is equally important. The reason most marriages break ...

 "Meg ! " I saw Rajveer standing behind me. I closed the magazine and asked for tea. "Yes ! I badly need the tea ... I'm soooo tired..." saying this he went upstairs ,  I said to myself , "and I'm sooo bugged... whole day sitting at home and reading these pathetic magazines " I shouted “Tea!” and Raj came down in his pyjamas. I funnily thought why doesn't he wear t-shirts at home... why God gave all advantages to the boys only?...  My eyes accidentally met Raj's and... I looked away ...
"Is anything troubling you Meg?"
"There's not even the traffic noise that can trouble me Raj." I curtly replied. A minute later I realized I don’t usually answer this way. I pondered... perhaps its the after effects of that funny women magazine ... I stealthily glanced at Raj . He was amused at my reply.
"How about a long drive down to the lake ?"
"Aw...aww.. what.. I mean when?"
"Right now?"






"But... but RV you are tired ... I think you should sleep early tonight." I stood up , took his cup from his hand and as I turned to go to the kitchen he took hold of my hand and made me sit on his lap. He was fingering my hairs and neck ... he looked into my eyes... I shut them tightly . He pressed my head down to his mouth.... put my lips on his lips... then slowly whispered in my ears... meg... meg... you know i am too busy making money... money for us.. for our children.. but while making money... i don’t want to lose you...lose your love or at least your care... in protest i tried to speak but he silenced  me with his thumb ... he continued ... meg... i want you to ask me for anything you want ... i want you to tell me anything crap ... gossips… or your fighting with neighbours ... about your petty  household problems that you daily face ... raising price or that gas finished and how you managed... or the stories you read in magazines... anything meg anything ... when i smiled faintly looking at him adorably ... he pinched my ears and I said "ouch!" we kissed . He laid me down on the sofa and came on top of me... and hushed my "ahh.. no... please... RV... "  hey... Meg... don’t please don’t go away from me... you can … you can beat me if you like... ask me gifts... ask me anything but please shed away your silence... you know it will eat up our lives. I nodded... he smiled and kissed on  my forehead and said "Good Girl." He lifted me in his arms and took me to bedroom ... when he laid me down on the bed ... I shouted "Raaaj ...!" , "What?" he looked puzzled. "Long drive ??" "Oh... sorry my bad!.” He gave a big “sorry” smile and said, “lets get ready."

After one hour , we both were eating ice-creams , sitting on the lakeside , my head on his shoulder and watching our reflections in the lake water… the evening didn't depress me today. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh