Skip to main content

With Hatred , To Eve Teasers !

When it happened to me yesterday , I was like , I would kill that bloody bastard but I was so stunned at that moment , I couldn't even speak anything , I didn't know how to react... only two - three drops came out from my eyes...

Whole day as I was reflecting on this issue ... I don't know whether Eve in "eve teasing" stands for our first mother Eve. I am sorry for the day God created her. Adam & his creed do not deserve her. And I am sorry for all men because due to some unsocial & insensitive men , they all are being condemned . All are not same but yet when one apple is rotten how can you wish to taste another?

I had not seen Eve Teasing until I came Jaipur. When I walk to my college , I see it so much. Guys make comments , sometimes just - Hello , Hi , or a whistle ... sometimes they shout loud and scare you by driving rashly . On road while you walk , you can have a lot of weird and bad experiences . But as there is difference between joking , flirting & vulgarity and cheap talks , there is difference between eve teasing also. My two experiences were so humiliating in Jaipur  that I can not even tell anyone with details. Some can be tolerated but some can never be forgotten.

I am not more furious because it happened but because it happened before many people. Firstly , it was so humiliating that I couldn't look up till I crossed the whole street and secondly , I was wondering , among all men , actually no one was a Man. Its so shameful that all men have become women like. Really , if I would have been in Banasthali for long, I would always be in an illusion that everyman is a Warrior like and fights for right cause and always respects a woman and guard her , no matter who she is - she is a woman that is sufficient.

There are many aspects of Eve Teasing . Its a burning topic. But right now I can only think about its impact on a sufferer's mind & heart. After the First experience of eve teasing , I never went to that place again . There were not much people to witness the incident , otherwise I think I would not be able to go out for several days. Whenever I think of those close people of mine who also had such experiences , it makes me sick. I feel disgusted at the sight of man. It arises the feelings of misandry.

Perhaps those men can never realize how does a girl feel at that time & what can be the after effects of their actions. And I hope they can  imagine how grave can be the results of their actions when I will tell them - Eve Teasing spoiled my one close relative's whole life and disturbed her mentally . Whenever I see her - I think how beautiful and sensitive wife she would have made but ....

P.S - I am sorry for abusive language in the beginning but I just didn't want to cover up my real emotions. And please I have not written it to gain sympathy, but for the purpose to make you think over it.
Any sensitive man after reading this would definitely ask himself - if he has ever raise a voice against Eve Teasers...!!!
Please help a Woman sufferer , raise a voice against it , if today you will ignore such acts and advice your sister/mother/ friends to ignore , tomorrow you might have to pay a big price for it. Stop taking it lightly - Eve Teasers deserve to go to jail. Laws are made , but its our responsibility to use them.

Image Courtesy  - www.nirrh.res.in/links/adolescent.htm

Comments

MOHAMMAD NAYEEM said…
:) amusing stuff posted! well eve teasing, it can be adam teasing as well, it isnt gender specific, yet here its being forced, and forced means forced gender majority bcoz of numerous filthy social customs and beliefs prevailing in our society which we just dont wanna get rid off! we should be known by our deeds not by our birth, be it gender, caste, religion, color or hell of anythin, only if this can be realized and accepted whole heartedly and as for teasing, why to bother if u r confident as barking dogs seldom bite and if they bite they would be shot dead as thats the fate of the mad dogs finally! so no use sheddin tears or sulkin within, feel free n live free, free of tensions and sorrows and almost everything for bonds tend to suffocate, so release urself and seek independence from all these, why to indulge ur thoughts n time in such wasteful stuff, there are most important things to ponder upon!
@ngel ~ said…
@ Nayeem- Thanks for your comment!
Nayeem , I am not crying abt it or I dont think so talking abt this issue is a waste of time. I am not taking it lightly and just talking abt those eve teasers who whistle or make comments - If u have read the whole article at one point I have talked abt the graveness of it which ppl dnt realize that one of my relations got mentally disturbed after this--- wat u have to say on dis? Shall we just pass on , forget it , ignore it . let these ppl go?
I am sorry - You guys can never feel that pang - jab ek ladki ka dupatta uske sine se chhena jaata hai , jab ek ladki ko uske private parts per touch kiya jaata hai , raaste chalte log kahin per bhi haath maar dete hain , jab kisi ladki ko publically abusive words bole jaate hain.... I just wonder how can ppl say - forget it? let them go? Its About Eve Teasing - Have u ever experienced such Teasing?
And I feel ashamed when u wrote - Amusing stuff posted --- is it amusing?
Mr Happy said…
@nayeem - u dont make any sense at all - the topic was eve teasing and u r writing crap in response.

Read the article fully :)

@ somyaa - guys say forget it so that u dont have traumatic thoughts for rest of ur life , otherwise u may go to shell and it can lead to depression.
@ngel ~ said…
@Lincoln - Yeah that's true I know , sometimes they also feel helpless what to do, and sometimes no one can do anything at all... but I really think we need to do something in this matter... if everyone feels the responsibility to stop this as an active citizen- be it anyone.. then I think Eve Teasers wont dare to tease openly .... (on the basis of my own experience... the guys of institutions & shopkeepers witnessed the whole thing & no body even said a Word... That's what hurt me most)
I remember there was one female reporter based in Delhi and one day she had reported an article with the eve teasing photos, guys making obscene remarks to girls.. and that was a great work from her side.. bringing those culprits out..

@Somyaa: You have raised a nice point.. and this point is not country specific.. In each and every country women are facing this issue.. There might be some biological factor.. some cosmic factor but watever may be the reason, this stigma should be cleaned..
@ngel ~ said…
Thanks Pankaj for ur comment - I think photo journalism is a nice way... a real documentary movie would be a good media way to bring out these facts before public...
Devendra said…
Hi......
I cherish your blogs which always highlight the social causes......& Eve teasing is one of them so in deep in the roots of our culture......It starts from School & move all through from college, Jobs & all round the streets....I personally feel that eve teasing can only be removed, if we attack on the root cause for which teachers,parents & Guardians needs to educate children. Although its very difficult to remove this because Indian politics & Dada people have their full influences on these eve teasers.
Rightly said - Media is the only way out as if they are exposed, people will be able to get the taste.
I too feel culprit as at times we see eve-teasing infront of our eyes with someone else & don't ever try stopping the same. We must bring this to the highlight of Police, that's the duty of every good citizen, because you never know this can happen to your family next day...
@ngel ~ said…
Indeed ! Devu you have come so close to what I wanted to say. First, Thanks for your comment.
If the Initial Education at home what we call "sanskaar" , is given properly I think that can solve many social maladies.
How do we know said…
u know, earlier, an eve teaser was publicly beaten up. Nowadays, no one knows what their mafia connections might be, and therefore dont do anything to retaliate.
Its sickening, but you are spot on when you say "sanskaar" can do a lot. If every family teaches its men to respect women, the "bravado" would end. But you will find most fathers laffing off their sons' even teasing incidents as "jawani ka josh".
The malady, like u rightly said, is within.

@ Nayeem: And what exactly were u trying to say? Especially, which part of this post was "amusing"?
@ngel ~ said…
@ How do we know - Thank you for your comment - I wonder if a father to his son favours "Jawani ka Josh" how cheap he would be in his own days... Cant say about fathers but a Mother , I hope understands this and so she should teach her boy to respect every girl...

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh