Skip to main content

Symbols drawn from Life ~



Ever tried to bring out symbolic meaning from your life? Yeah ? No ? Oh ! It’s a funny game and very interesting too. Many thoughts , feelings , experiences happen or felt in our life which we overlook or don’t go in deep to find out more interpretations and different meanings. But if you try to find out different meanings from the incidents which happen in your life both internally and externally , you may find them as symbols of something more deeper.

In my childhood , I had fancy for Night Sky and Stars , for they would always take me on an imaginative ride , often into a different world . I now feel it was a symbol of an escape from the sinister world in which I found myself. Indeed , a Romantic Escape.

Later in my hostel life , I developed a strong liking for Mornings – they were too sacred , pure, calm and fresh … you could sometimes see through the rising sun , the patterns of sky were so unique and beautiful … all brought a fount of joy n happiness into my life. Liking for mornings was definitely a symbol of New Dawn in my life . I had just come out then from a dark hopeless night of my life , morning infused hope and happiness into my life.

From past few days , I feel Water is attracting me very much. Sitting in a restaurant , when I looked at an aquarium , I actually felt I am a fish and water is around me . When today , I sat for meditation , the image which appeared before my eyes was of a stream or fall  which was falling from the top of a rock and where it fell  the water was stable and deep , around it was a forest and some small rocks on which I saw myself sitting . While chanting the last of Aum , I felt myself drowning in the water. Drowning was not dangerous in fact it gave immense pleasure and satisfaction along with a mysterious feeling. Whole day I could feel the content and silence of that atmosphere inside me. I felt no urgency of expressing myself to anyone. I made no comments on Facebook though I tried to , and wrote no passionate messages , nothing …. Just drowned in nothingness. This I took as a symbol of drowning in the life – as water is a representative of life. Finding new , deeper meanings of life and having a feeling of content with serenity.

Deriving Symbols helped me to understand my present condition more properly. I am hopeful now . I feel I am no the right path . And I am on a new step of learning something new . Looking forward to untie more knots of symbols in life …

Comments

swati said…
seriously u r ryt...God always gives us hints...bt its uopn us how much v cn understand them?God bless u!
@ngel ~ said…
Yeah... Omens & Signs... !!!
Trying to get some meaning in dis seemingly meaningless life.
Its all about signs.. We call it nature's language.. BTW try to see a movie by Manoj Night Shyamlan - 'Signs'.. watch till the last.. you will love the different signs :)
@ngel ~ said…
Thanks for recommendations Pankaj ...
My Recommendation list is growing wd such a speed.. n I cudnt watch or read any.. Hope will soon get them all... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You