Skip to main content

P.S. after accident! Bleeding somewhere...

[I would have never written again about Jeanie or her life but I couldn't hold back when I got to know about this accident .]


Jeanie is in a hospital.
She tried to cut her vein. She would have surely died if only her good hearted neighbour would not have taken her to the hospital.


Its been 3 days She neither spoke to anyone , nor cried and never smiled. The doctor who is in charge of her is really worried to see her like this. From the day she opened her eyes , she did nothing , spoke nothing , asked nothing , only cried and that too silently. To see her eyes always drowned in tears - doctor was moved. He always tried to engage her in a conversation but then she would not reply , not even look into his eye. 


(On Sunday morning. Around 9 am. )


Doc - Good Morning Jeanie!
J- (No reply) (Jeanie is gazing outside the window which is in front of her bed, where she is sitting.)
Doc- ( uncomfortably ) It is a sunny morning , isn't it? I love mornings . Do you love mornings Jeanie?
J - (Still no reply)
Doc - (after her usual check up) Everything is good with you . You are recovering very fast. In few days , you will be absolutely fit and fine.
J - (She looks into his eyes with blank expression) I dont wish to be fine.
Doc - (Startled by her reply) But why? Don't you want to go back to your home?
J - I don't have any home.
Doc. - (Now trying to engage her in a conversation) What about your friends? You must be having people around you who love you?
J - I have no one.
Doc- (after a slight pause) But you can't always stay here.
J - I want to stay here only . I find peace over here. (her eyes are fixed on some children who are playing in the garden.... suddenly her eyes become watery. )
Doc - (Touched more deeply) Do you love kids?
J- (After a minute's silence as if she was struggling with some thought) Yes, I do .. very much.
Doc. - (suddenly changing the topic) And do you love hills?
J - (again looks into his eyes) Yes , I do. I love nature. I think perhaps she has some healing powers.
Doc - And..(her innocent stare disturbs him... he stammers..) And ... would you ... would you like to go to some.. some hilly place?
J - (Ignoring the question. Lest her hopes should destroy her again ) I go there.. In dreams... I often go at such place... my Zion... my heart .... I dream and go .. day and night I dream of such places....
Doc - (Interrupting her) Jeanie! Jeanie I will leave this place in two days. I have got posting in Assam . Would you like to accompany me there?
J- (passionately) Me?But why me? 
Doc - Because you need a change of place. Since you love hills and by chance I am going to live at such place I wanted you to come with me. You will recover very fast there. (Now smiles with confidence) Think about it Jeanie and let me know. Have a Happy Sunday !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh