Skip to main content

American Beauty? No , Just Beauty!

Read John Keats , my mind was already perplexed coz of his thoughts on beauty are really of complex nature. And now I watched American Beauty! Great Movie! But I regret I couldn't watch it properly. However ,  one scene of movie , I can not forget. Its when the hero shows heroine his video clips and among those clip , there is a clip of , "Dancing Bag and lots of yellow leaves" ... He says - There are plenty of beautiful things in this world , and I am afraid I would not be able to capture and store all of them. His conception of beauty more confuses me when he shoots a dead bird and upon being asked why he is shooting it , he says - because it is beautiful. 


Beauty --- The only word , brings all pictures in front of our eyes , which we think are beautiful . They may be , face of your beloved , rain at night , high mountains , your baby sleeping in his mother's arms , lovely blue frock which you wore on your last b'day , a night camp - fire with all of your friends... and alike.


A thing of beauty - you can admire , love , respect , desire. It gives Joy no doubt , but it makes me sad too. Beauty must die. But moreover , what about those things which are not beautiful in people's eye. They attract me. The things which go unnoticed , they call me. I hear their call... look at them and say in lowly voice - " Oh you poor poor things... you are also beautiful..so beautiful! and lovely in your own way... "


One more beautiful aspect of Beauty  which touched me a lot is - few things which are really sad are really beautiful. The beauty of their is elevating , gentle , full of pathos. As John Keats says ,  Though Spring's songs are lovely . Autumn has its own song too...  So , unnoticed beauty is also beauty , and less beautiful things are still beautiful. You only need a heart and an sympathetic eye to find out and admire a beautiful thing.

Comments

Sumit said…
American Beauty is a great movie. Just love it.. amazing characters each one of them.. i can relate to almost all of them...

Beauty afterall lies in the eye of beholder...
@ngel ~ said…
That is what I wanted to add over here ...
Its a misconception that -(Beauty afterall lies in the eye of beholder...) ...
Take the example of Taj mahal - It is beautiful (for almost every eye) and the one who doesn't like it , may be said to have bad taste. (The thought is from one of the hindi essay)
That's why I was confused... but then I think there is a mid-way(which my sister also agrees with) Beautiful things certainly possess beauty in themselves , it would be rude and injustice to say that they are not beautiful but beauty lies in our (viewer's eyes). But few things / feelings / gestures which we find beautiful on the basis of our definition and likings...
I hope I am not sounding obscure here....
TC!
Maya said…
beauty is way to complex and simple at the same time...all our brain works in a particular way
Devendra said…
I think our eyes, our mind & our heart always follow the things which attracts........That attraction towards that object is beauty....Things which we watch for the first time in our lives is a beauty........If you ever note, we human beings always gets attracted to anything which is new to us.....but sooner it looses its glory when we see it again & again.......
@ngel ~ said…
@Uncommon sense - I agree beauty is way to complex n simple at the same tym ...

@ Devu - yeah ur point is ryt too :)

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh