Skip to main content

Are you a Foodie? Yes? Can't miss Zomato then :)


What a coincidence! The week had begun with the movie Julie and Julia based on the life of a Cook and a blogger and on weekend I am ended up blogging about food. Ah … Yes I had fancied of turning into a cook or even a foodie after watching that splendid movie but alas! I am a disaster at both cooking and eating. But anyway I love to play a host for friends and accompany my sister to exotic restaurants though it is hard to find a good restaurant without some help so it is what I was going to talk about – a mode as exotic as the final destination.  Here I landed on a website – http://www.zomato.com/ , which introduces you to the astounding places for grabbing food. But wait a minute! Before the website introduces you to such places let me introduce you to this website. 
                                                     

Even a wandering leaf has to tell a story so the story of Zomato is worth reading. It was a brainchild of an IITian Mr. Dipender Goyal who worked for Bain and Company. Then Mr. Pankaj Chaddah who worked at the same company took to himself to market it properly. And since then they have grown into a posse of twenty dreamers. Isn’t it really wonderful to work for your dream and see it turning into a reality. To date they have been appreciated and covered by several Print and Television Media.  

When you land on to Zomato you find a very foody ambience. The best thing about this website is you get what you want. And Zomato makes sure that you get the best. You can look up at the Restaurants in your city and your area packed with all details. I liked most the feature of Menu cards which really help you to save time in restaurant deciding what you want to eat (no its not funny we gals take almost as much time in deciding what to eat as time spent on eating the food :P ).Menu cards , estimated price and reviews help you to compare the restaurants and find the best one that suits your requirements. The feature of Rating is a shortcut way to judge a restaurant again it saves your time. So much is available at one place what else a foodie may want! My Gosh if only my sister knew about this website when I was still in Jaipur she could have made me run everyday into a new restaurant.  :D

The Zomato blog and newsletter Crunch give you bites of Zomato news and more about food, recipes and restaurant. The foodies who have a flair for writing can also write reviews of restaurants and be published on a national web portal.

Since the website is growing popular among youngsters, I would like to suggest founders to introduce a section dedicated to Tiffin Services for their demand is inevitably growing these days and one has only but few means to find the best in one’s area. So you can list them area wise like you have done the restaurants. You can also register the Farm Houses because I believe people want to try out something new these days and one can still know about the restaurants online but the proper listing of the Farm Houses and alike places are barely found online.  And well how about the makeover of Blog? You can add posts concerning Movies and Books on Food and Restaurant. Even documentaries would be great for those who love to record the history of everything. You can ask readers for recipes. You can also include the stories of Legendary Entrepreneurs in this field for it works as an incentive.  And I believe that the tagline of your website name could be more catchy, effective and artistic something like Food your love or Hunt, Eat and Love or may be Do more about Food. It shouldn’t be more than three or four words. It should be attractive because after the name of the website it is the first thing which a person notices. Well enough suggestions! Its time to bookmark the website and Do more about food Oopz.. :P Geez ! Just cant help sometimes.

Love
@ngel

Comments

srijesh said…
cool website and awsm feedback
Nids said…
The zomato website where we can find all type of foodies.... HMMMM,,,its sound realy intresting nd gr888.... and the suggestion for a tiffin center is absolutely good nd the founders should work on this.
@ngel ~ said…
Thanks srijesh and Nidhi. :)
Anonymous said…
yah i think restaurents are good there is a need of making available the informations about good tiffin centers.

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You