Skip to main content

P.S. - New Mantra

(It is a Sunday morning. Jeanie is sitting on a bench in the Park. She is reading a novel. A guy is sitting on a next bench who is perhaps listening to music...)
(After sometime he comes to Jeanie and asks her - - - )


Guy - Hey are you reading some novel?
Jeanie (replies Blithely ) - yeah! ( again turns back to her reading ) 
Guy -  I am a big fan of fiction... by the way which novel are you reading?
Jeanie - (tells him the title of the novel... which is a love story)
Guy - Oh !!! ( recalls the author's name) I have read his novel too ... hmm ... so you are into romantic stuff ..      hmmm... 
Jeanie - ahh... yeah you can say that... well you can sit if you want.
Guy - Oh thank you..( smiles and sits beside her... but maintains  a gap) ... hey I am Jason by the way!
Jeanie - I am Jeanie ... (smiles and shake hands)
Guy - Nice to meet you Jeanie ... so.. you come here often?? I haven't seen you before?
Jeanie - No , I have come here first time... I am new in this City.
Guy - Wow! New girl in town.... so do you have any friend here?
Jeanie - No... I am alone. 
Guy- Ohh okay No probs.. take my number in case you are in any difficulty ... 
Jeanie - But....
Guy - Oh common... we are friends , aren't we?
Jeanie -- ahh  uummmm....
Guy -Wait (takes out his mobile )  give me your number,  I will save .
Jeanie - 94193654090
Guy - okay! so I will message you and then save my number ok? ..... well..I will have to go now... catch ya later Jeanie !
Jeanie - Oh ... okay.. see ya.. !


( Uhh uufff...Jeanie is puzzled... Nice City ! Interesting People ! ....)
--------------


(Its night ... sorry early morning! - 5 O' clock ... Jeanie's phone rang... As it vibrated...she sprang up from her bed....still confused...whether its ringing in dream or reality... whatever! she picks up without seeing the number)
A Voice says - Hello
Jeanie - aaaaa..... Helloooo ...
----> Were you sleeping?? ... 
(Jeanie is silent!... confused... its night or it has been Noon???...)
--- >Ohh... I am sorry ... of course you would be sleeping...its still five in the morning.
Jeanie - Oh is it!... 
---> Yeah! I am sorry...  I ... I was just not able to sleep ... and ...
Jeanie - and you only found my number in your contact list ... whom you could wake up at this wee hour... right? No probs.. I am always there for you.(faintly smiles)
---> Yeah.... I know... why are you so sweet Jeanie?... Why you are always there for me??
Jeanie - Oh... I know I am sweet ... and ... you won't understand that so chuck it.
--->  hmm.... So , How did you find the New City?...
Jeanie - Amazing! ... 
---->  Ahh... sounding happy!!! Something happened??
Jeanie - aammm..well... Yeah!
----> You are kidding... ?? ....... nooo.!!! .. tell me. tell me... what happened??
Jeanie - I met a guy yesterday morning .... he was nice..
----> ahem ahem... Nice... !!! Where? 
Jeanie - In the park....well... Nice yaa... but he was weird too... But I really liked him .. dunno why probably because he is the first person who seemed friendly to me... 
----> Good Jeanie!... I am happy for you...
(Jeanie said nothing... something ..... somewhere ...... or somehow she didn't like his words...)
Jeanie - (to herself - ohh nooo Jeanie ! Repeat the Mantra -  " NO COMPLAINTS AND NO DEMAND ) ..... ( hmm... now feeling better...)
---> hmm... chup kyun ho ?
Jeanie - Oh... aahh ... no ... nothing.. so what's your plan for today? ... [Talking to herself again  -( No... its okay... its perfectly okay.. take a deep breath... You will soon move on...you will forget all .. soon!! yes yes....) ] ( As Jeanie was talking to herself... she could only hear last strain of his reply..)
---> ............................................ sooo I think I shall sleep now... what you will do??
Jeanie - Me?.. aa.... I think I have woken up soo..will begin my chorus ... do some meditation first as its the perfect time for it! 
----> whaoo... Meditation?? Is it your new craze??
Jeanie (smiles) -Whatever! It helps ... 
----> Then I shall try too...
Jeanie - Yeah!! You should... it cures all mental diseases... 
(Both laughs)
----> Achha..!!! okay chalo then c ya... 
Jenaie - Take care!


....... [Jeanie after a moment's thought.... slips inside the red sheet.....]

Comments

Naveen said…
wasn't jeanie so fast at givin her contact no.??? lol!
@ngel ~ said…
Gud point!!! :D
Its Jeanie's number :P
And it was something psychological unconscious urge ... !!!
She really needed a friend , I think she listened her heart (No Logics)---- :)
Devendra said…
Hey is it real number, i thought of calling up Jeanie.........
@ngel ~ said…
lolz!!!! Omg! Dnt do dat.. :D
Its not herz now I shall change d number otherwise if d number does really exist n anyone will try ... Im gone..!!!
lolzz

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh