Skip to main content

P.S. – Who cares!





On 31st night … when everybody is celebrating … when phone lines are busy … when a flood comes of sms… Jeanie is sitting alone on the terrace with her vine and cakes and guitar … she looked at the Full Moon … how beautiful he looks but he is alone too… (she laughs … but her eyes can not deceive her heart … a tear falls… ) Jeanie plays her favorite song – puri umra hum mar mar ke jee diye , ek pal to ab hame jeene do .. je lene do…ohhooo … Gimme sunshine , gimme some rain , gimme another chance I wanna grow up once again..

Jeanie is silent… not peaceful … but she loves being alone and doing what she likes .. this should be her best 31st… but no she feels as if something is missing.. and what’s that?
Friends !!!! those who love her and she loves… she is missing them terribly… She wanted to spend this night with someone special…

She sips her coffee… its almost 1.am … but she is not feeling sleepy… she thinks about Vish.. she picks up her mobile.. no Msg , no Miss call… She won’t initiate.. not because of pride or ego but because she is afraid.. afraid of spoiling everything… what if everything went wrong? What is she spoils his mood or he spoils hers? No… better be alone. Yeah! … and what about Casper?? Ohh he would be with his friends.. now its too late.. I should stay out of his life… well what about others?? Ohh… who others?? They all are celebrating this day.. I should better be content with what I have .. this beautiful night , precious moon , vine , guitar.. and Myself..!!!! She plays another song – Hello .. is it me you are looking for..!!! And then another one - My heart goes on…and last one – Keep Smile ..!!!

Suddenly her phone rings.. (an unknown number) … With one ring she decided not to pick up and with another ring she thinks lets see who is this… but with another ring she doesn’t feel the enthusiasm to be ready for something new and unknown… at last she says to herself- “F*** the world ! Who cares about next!! Lets see what’s coming my way”… In the last ring she picks up the phone and says – “hello !” … the voice replies – “hiiieee Jeanie !” .. Jeanie doesn’t recognize the voice so she raises her tone and asks - “Who is this?” The voice replies – “any guess?” .. Jeanie shouts – “ohh my God.. Michel ! Where r u ?” “Ohh..I mean How are you?” …
“Jeanie I am in your city right now and I am very excited…”
“Excited??”
“Oh you asked me how I am right? So I am very excited because in 1 hour I am going to meet you??”
“Wait! What ? meet me?? Where?and why?”
“At your apartment! And Jeanie you ask so many questions.”
“Be ready ! I am coming there in one hour .”(he hangs up the phone)

Jeanie is puzzled. What? How? Why?? Ohh you didn’t get these questions right? – well What was this? How this happened?? Why …… tonight?? Why it happens with me?? And Michel my old buddy with whom I thought I would fall in love … we had tried open relationship … we had tried live – in relationship… (Jeanie laughs). but in a week when he stayed at my apartment we both realized that we are not compatible.... and now.. what is he doing in my life and that too tonight?? Seriously when you lose hope for any surprise its when you really get a surprise. Jeanie is surprised but she is happy too … at least something new was happening in her life.
She gets ready and wears her favorite frock… but before that she cleans her home… and with bright lights she burns the fragrant candles too. She is not thinking anything which is not veg ….so keep your wild imaginations in control :P

… ( A hard knock on the door … Michel’s old habit! Huh! ) Jeanie opens the door… Michel comes in with some fresh flowers... Jeanie blushes.. she knows these are for her so she looks at them with greedy smile.. But Michel bluntly says – “Sorry darling these are not for you”… and as he goes in the bedroom he puts them in the vase near bed and says – “these are for this lovely room where I spent my most precious hours…oh Jeanie I miss you a lot” He hugs her… she too smiles… and thinks ( he hasn’t changed.. the same old “Mr. Who cares!” … )

Its 3 am … both are watching the romantic movie , eating wafers , sipping coffee, and teasing each other… and the time was flying… they didn’t realize its already The dawn of New Year.
The movie was finished… and Michel said Jeanie – “lets have a view of sunrise”… so they both made another cup of coffee and went to upstairs… there they welcomed the
Sun… The New Year’s sun …. !!! Michel was holding Jeanie in his arms.. “its such a beautiful morning…isn’t it Jeanie?” Jeanie said nothing … she thought “yes its pretty beautiful .. but it wouldn’t be beautiful without Michel… !!! Its strange yet its true that sometimes we should not restrict ourselves …and let things go and find their own way…”

6.30am and both Jeanie and Michel are fast asleep in the bed. What ? Why? … What Michel actually wanted?? Why he came last night?? Oh Who cares!! They both had a lovely night and cozy morning… they both looked for a beautiful bond… so who cares about the name of the relationship? They two understand this and its enough for them …. !!!

Comments

Deepak Tiruwa said…
enjoyed ur post, wish u a very new year
@ngel ~ said…
Thank you and same to you :)
Mr Happy said…
its amazing how ur mind wanders so beautifully, :)
@ngel ~ said…
I dnt know that bt I know it wanders always.... :)
Naveen said…
OH I pity the pUzzled Jeanie...
She is sooo confused!!!
@ngel ~ said…
But she is lovely too isn't it ;)
Her confusion makes her unique , vulnerable and adorable :)
I love my character!!!
Nice post !! I enjoyed reading this one !!Wishes for new Year.
@ngel ~ said…
Thank you and Same to you bharat :)

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh