Skip to main content

Wake up Sid!


4.10.9

Wake up Sid !

Good morning to those whose eyes have been opened by this movie. Good morning to those who just woke up from a long slumber and realized what they have lost and what now they can achieve. Good morning to those who came to know what their dreams are and what will give them happiness. A very good morning to all of those who know what they are and not only their eyes but their heart has opened as well.

Today is Sunday and we celebrated it by watching Wake up Sid . I carefully used the word celebrated because that is what I really mean. I would like to thank Bollywood and Karan Johar for in last few months perhaps it was the only worthy movie to waste your money on.

There are two schools in literature both in Hindi as well as in English literature – one is “Art’s for Art’s sake” and other is “Art’s for Society’s sake”. Those who belonged to the first school they believed that Art’s only aim is to provide pleasure and it should be treated only as arts and nothing else. They were far from the reality of life and thus their literature was hollow . And those who belonged to the other school they believed that arts and literature has a purpose . They are made for human beings, not that human beings are made for them. So their literature was for society’s welfare and to show the absurd and harsh realities of life. When we see today’s cinema we can clearly notice the same classification. Some movies are made just to entertain , they give little to ponder upon and to worse , they are not even made artistically. While some movies throw a last long impression upon us. They teach us something , they inspire us in our life and we are touched by them. In Bollywood the ratio of such movies are unfortunately still less and the main reason of it is that we don’t have good original writers.

Coming back to the movie , I would like to say that yes it inspired me a lot . I was one who had little idea of what gave me pleasure and what is my dream , but now I know – I know what I would love to do my whole life. Besides this , I think the characters of the story were really something – something real – something original. And I must say both actors played their role very well and took out the character splendidly. The simplicity of actions and story is almost magical. You are really spellbound to see the simplicity of their love ; the most complex emotion in the universe. And secretly you dream of experiencing this magic yourself.

Comments

@ngel ~ said…
Yeah it is a Must watch movie for Indians ! for we Indians ! who are asleep half of their lives :D
swati said…
u have written gud bt as a frnd i wan tell u smething.....as u write its really gud bt as u gave d title "wake up sid" it's givin d illusion ki u r telin smething abt movie toh wat i felt ki just cut smething wat hv written above n just include abt d movie wat u felt.........if u feel gud!
@ngel ~ said…
Yeah I think you are right! Its not perfectly written . No stratgey kind of thing is there , it is not well organised. I wanted to write a review but you see I ended up writing my own thoughts ... ufff.... I will have to pay more attention on the form as well.
Mohit Parikh said…
An "Art for Art’s sake" might be an inspiration to the artist. HE may not know/comprehend fully what is being created, until it is.

I think you wanted to say something else, perhaps about arrogant, self obsessed art.

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh