Skip to main content

Absence

"Here is that photo", and he showed me the grand family photo of my parents and their son and daughter-in-law, in the middle of the decorated wall of living room. I felt a sudden suffocation in my throat. It was my absence from that photo, I thought at first. And then I suddenly realized I was not even informed of my brother's wedding. My parents had made an excuse that it was a very private affair and we left everything on the wish of couple.

"Didn't you like it?" my brother interrupted my thoughts and I swallowed a lot more like cough, which you try hard to throw out but then suddenly you swallow it inside. I forced a quick smile and muttered, "Oh! I absolutely loved it."  And I had really loved the minute details it portrayed : the proud look of dad, the always-overwhelming look of mom, the stubborn look of brother and the not-really-so-submissive look of my sister-in-law. After a penetrated look at the photo, now I was relieved that I was absent from it. My presence in this house also felt like an absence of me. I went to meet my mom, hugged her and said in a worried voice, " I have an urgent meeting back at my place so I need to leave right away."  Mom and dad hesitated, showed they are upset, but then mom eagerly packed a box full of sweets and chocolates for my little one. They were relieved and so I. As much as I am used to my absence from this house.

Comments

carya said…
Experiencing emotions is another thing and portraying into words is altogether a different thing.You have developed a knack in expressing feelings like a poet and writer way.Brilliant one....

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You