Skip to main content

S.J. ~ Alive

"No ! you tell me one thing. Why do you live? Why do you earn? Why do you keep going on? What is that thing, which asks you to take a breath or look at the sun in the morning? No, tell me what it is."
" Are you serious? Why do you ask that?"
" because...because I have come to feel... you have forgotten our first promise. "
"What's that now?"
" To live, to live... it is to L-I-V-E... and are we alive?"
"Aren't we?"
"Yes, a little bit. "  

S.J. looked away, with looking away, she looked back in time. She was standing at the crossroads and had just dropped the idea of going for a meeting. For a moment, she had wondered, where to go. And then she was reminded of Alice of Wonderland, and her dilemma, and the wisdom she had received. She could go anywhere, if she didn't know, where to go. Yes, anywhere, she could go. 

"I want to go.", S. was herself surprised at her firm voice.
"To where?"
"Anywhere."
"WHAT do you mean by anywhere? Have you gone crazy today?"
"Yes... and I feel sorry for not going crazy for all these years."
" Alright. Tell me what do you want. We can talk about it."
"We are only talking about things, its been years n years we are only talking about everything we want to do."
" You want to leave everything at once and go for some adventure."
" Yes that is what I want. To leave everything AT ONCE. For if we don't leave them at once, we will never be able to leave at all. Like always. "
" You think that's possible? "
"Why not possible? What's stopping you ? "
" ohhh.. you are.. so..."
"You don't have an answer, I know."
" You don't want to listen to me."
" Because you have nothing new to say. No new excuses."
" Fine."
" If I leave today, know this, I will live my life, the way I had imagined, and you will live a life not minding where you want to stop, because it is hard to stop once you begin a game with a borrowed Will."

*----*-----*

The gracious boss who agreed to see a tiny little girl with seemingly no experience of maintaining a huge farm with ample of vegetables and fruits of whose all names even she didn't know, was scanning the girl's eyes and was trying to peep in her mind, as to know, what brought this lonely soul so far from the city on her two thin legs. 

"So... where did you work last?"
"At the Minnata Resort on the hill near Chikara Lake."
" And why did you leave that job ?"
" Because I wanted to."
"Give me a reasonable and honest answer."
" Well, sir, I left that job, because I had fallen in love with the place, because the inmates had grown fond of me, because the manager did not want to let me go, so I left it."
" That doesn't convince me at all. When everything was going fair and perfect, why did you leave that?"

" Well, sir, if you would understand it this way, I always wanted to die, as soon as I was born, my first wish was to die. For no particular reason, or nothing which I understood to date. Probably I was too much in love with this life or was curious about after-life... I don't know. All I know is,  As easily as I would want to leave the earth, I want to leave the place which tries to hold me back. Gives me a reason to stay. Chains me to Life. I want to live my Life as if today is the last day. For I believe, Life is not meant to build Future, something of Tomorrow, it is meant to Live Present as if there is no Tomorrow."

"Hmm...you talk nice. You are hired."

"Oh...thank you..."

" Don't be. I can see, you are the right one who can tell these folks that what they have is Life and not A Bag full of Impossibilities."
" I will be glad to show them a light sir."
" Hmm... I see now, why you don't stay at one place for long. The torch is different from a bulb."
"From a tube light too sir." The cabin roared with a thunder laugh , workers could hear it in the field. They all wondered, if the Boss is again drunk till tearing his own pants. But that doesn't matter, they thought, until they could hear something so Vibrating and Humane. 

*-----*------*


 
ceramic tiles jonas gerard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You