Skip to main content

Surrounded by Signs



I have always been mesmerized by signs and their secret way to communicate with us. Signs may be very obvious, real, visible and functioning as a warning for example , you happen to witness an insignificant accident just when you begin to start your bike and later you actually meet with an accident. It may it your hit your mind that the accident you had witnessed before going out was a kind of sign. Another kind of sign which is more subtle but strong can be a dream. If, out of no where you begin to have the dreams of accidents and if you happen to ignore the warnings and on the same date or day or with the same person you really meet with an accident , wouldn’t you feel a shiver of shock?
 
It seems, a mysterious force is always around us, giving us signs and suggesting its presence. But this force sometimes can be more subtle, unobvious and less visible. Or may be this is a force of our soul, our conscious – sub-conscious mind rather than any ambiguous force. Or let us understand it this way – but first we should know what a sign is. A sign is a thing which indicates another thing , like traffic lights or sin-boards. Now suppose we are surrounded by different signs – signs related to our life, past , present or future , or even related to our feelings and moods. One might require a sharp eye and the observant nerve to detect such signs.

There was a curious case. The letter ‘M’ of my keyboard was not working well since god-knows-how many days. I never noticed it until few days ago that the guy’s name begins with letter ‘M’ with whom my engagement was broken a month ago … so could it be a sign that the guy with letter ‘M’ would not fit in my life? Or was it just a co-incidence. But I had been observing these queer ‘co-incidences’ lately and I don’t really think they are co-incidences.

One day my brother slept in my parent’s room (which happens rarely) and that time my sister was also at home and she was sleeping upstairs while I was in my own room and trying to sleep. Suddenly a vague feeling surrounded me. At that brief moment I felt that the future has been projected to me into a sign. The family was in one room – my brother and my parents while me and my sister who was sleeping in different rooms, had entirely separate lives to live. As the sign revealed itself slowly, the profound sense of future wrapped me up.

These signs, I think, do not come from outside. They may be our personal associations. They might not help to prevent a future blunder or tragedy but they can surely help to make you understand yourself and your surroundings better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh