Skip to main content

Movies! Movies! and Bingo! Splendid Movies! @ JIFF

What a luck I have. To be in Jaipur , at least in January , is a luck indeed. First , we had a pleasure to hear our eminent authors. And now we are having Jaipur International Film Festival. It was my dream to attend a film festival. Though I would say , the film festival is not as grand as literary fest , it is still in its infancy. Many movies were experimental and were the first effort by their directors. But it has one advantage. It inspires us that we can also do it. One director , Hemant Sharma , from Jaipur even told us how he made  his film with his two other friends and by using just a Digi Cam and editing software. He truly said , " One doesn't need many resources , if one wants to do it , one can do it anyway."

What about giving some notes about the movies I saw?  Here they follow -

MAMA HABIBITI (by Boutheyna Bouslama) - 

First Rate movie. Not because there was action , romance or a nice plot. There was nothing sort of this. The movie was kind of a diary. But the diary i.e. narrative was splendid. I felt I am reading an exquisite literature together with the nice scenery. I congratulate the director.

COCKROACH - (By Luke eve) - 

The finest animated movie I have ever seen. A guy on the wedding day dies , promises his fiance that he will come back and later finds himself as a Cockroach. He goes at the girl's house and does all crap like shouting as if she would hear him - Sarah here I am Charlie...And at the end dies by the hands of her own girl friend. Again her name on his lips and gives a flying kiss. Sweet Movie. :)


FEEL THE PUNCH - (by Kasi Meddi)

A nice Indian Joke turned into animated movie. Loved it too.

LIFE , LOVE , HOPE ( by Kiruthiga , M.sasikumar , Mysskin)

The Best Movie - among all I had seen today. Though they are three different movies directed by three different people , they are in chain , carrying same characters , same site but only themes are different. A small girl from HIV AIDS HOME saves someone's Life , spread the message of Love and gives her friend Hope.
This movie touched me deeply , so much that tears came into my eyes. Such a small girl and how does she teach everyone the values we have almost forgotten. It taught me that if Life is a vehicle , Love is its engine and Hope fuel. Without engine and fuel , this vehicle is dead - Life is as good as dead.

REFLECTIONS - (by Tarka Patil) 

Good movie. But could be made Better. It was her college project. I hope she will do her best in her next movies. :)


VENTO THE WIND - (by Marcio Salem)

I wont say anything about the movie . It was a bit complicated. And I didn't understand that doesn't mean it wasn't good. It was indeed. I can say because it had a wonderful quote , "Mumma , how does superman flies in the air?" , asks son. Mother replies, "I want to tell you one thing , where you dream to reach, you think you are already there."

A MisFortune - (by Hemant Sharma)

Jaipur's movie. The same director about which I was talking earlier. He did good job. Dialogs were poor and script was loose or rather say old bollywood types. But they effort was appreciable. The story was good. And well all the best for future. :)

YUDDH - (Jaya Jose Raj) - 

A 5 minute movie. But very well presented. Reminded me of Malgudi days type scenery. A lame muslim and blind hindu began fighting on a bridge railway track but both help each other as the train comes near and are saved at last.

Well this much for today. Tomorrow whole day we will be enjoying movies.
Ciao !

Comments

Arpit Gangwal said…
Woah!
These really are some glowing reviews, the Jaipur boy(Hemanth Sharma) u mentioned about is a very good friend of mine, he did a great job single-handedly to complete his movie, very proud of what he did, looking forward to his future projects.
@ngel ~ said…
Thank you for stopping by and for dropping a comment.
I still remember the story - it had such an impact - so that's a Compliment :)

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh