Skip to main content

when "Nothing" Speaks -

I am getting  weird thoughts and feelings these days , among them one really glowed within me.It is like that the word "Nothing" is like an empty bowl - but never take an "empty bowl" for its "emptiness" , never forget it contains the air. Same with the word "nothing" ,  it contains one or the other meaning each time you speak. For instance - you are sitting idly and your friend calls up and asks - "Hey maddy wats up? wat r u doing?" And you cut short in one word - "nothing"... but are you not sitting idly? You are doing at least something. Again , if you are in love with someone , and he knows nothing of it , every time  you are thinking of him and he asks - "wat r u thinking?" You ignore deliberately and say - "Nothing" ... here Nothing means more than any "everything" can mean. 


"Nothing" can not ever mean "nothing" and sometimes it means more than "everything". In King Lear , Lear says to Cordelia,  when she replies in just one word ; "nothing", upon being asked How much she loves her father - "Nothing comes out of Nothing" ... But at the end he realizes , Cordelia's "Nothing" was "Everything" because she dies for her father as she had loved him most. 


When there is so much in your heart , so much that you can not heave your heart into your mouth , the only word escapes your tongue is "nothing". It is a popular saying that - when girls say "nothing" there is definitely something behind that. Its true! this I feel and know. But another thing - this word has so depth ,and which each time vary with its context , that you can never fathom its depth. 


What a crazy thought again - you sing a song for your gf - "Nothing gonna change my love for you..." This nothing from a boy's side may also have some meaning like - "My love may change though , if you get changed? or if you become fatty? or may be if u start paying less attention to me?"  :P 
Well It proves that not only girl's "nothing" has some meaning even a guy's "nothing" can also have lot of depth... !!! 

Comments

Mr Happy said…
everyone knows wen a girl/women says nothing, that means something big is goin on .......and when a guy says nothing it literally means nothing
@ngel ~ said…
lolz.. dats wat i wanna say ... nothing exits not in literal sense.. there is always something - when a guys says nothing he may mean - Ahh wat d hell u asking again n again , let my mind rest a while... lolzz
Gopal Singh said…
both are worth doing :) we r pendulam of something to nothng and nthing for somethng to everythng.
MOHAMMAD NAYEEM said…
nothing is beyond everything, its infinite, limitless, like the inner desires within so nothin is more than everything, something that isnt visible, yet very much in existence

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You