Skip to main content

What a Crap! - A Women's Day?

Why the hell we are celebrating women's day? - Ask Yourself and Tell me.


I had it in my mind to write about women as it was their day yesterday. But I couldn't write anything , because
I think I have developed antipathy for almost all special "days" save Festivals. Festivals have their own charm , they are like a break from normal dull routine and their purpose are  religious , social and mental . But what about other special days? National days are good. But we have almost forgotten them . That is the irony of our modern life - we remember all trifle things while we tend to forget important dates and days. 


So, all of you celebrate Friendship day , Valentine's day , may be others like Rose day , Chocolate day .... and yeah Women day , which is as trifle as all these days. No , I think Friendship Day is more serious among all , at least we do not pamper our friends or make new friends on that day , neither we forget them after wards. But take Valentine's Day , people celebrate it with so much enthusiasm as if its only one and last day to express Love . And women day , you can beat women , insult her , dominate her all other days but you must celebrate one day to feel proud that how much you have been civilized.

All over the world , people are talking about women and issues related to them. India is , I guess , over - excited. May be this excitement is an effort to hide the truth that India is still lagging behind in development of women power. I am not as disappointed with bubble of excitement on women issues , which I am sure will cool down in few days , but with commercializing on women's day. I heard on radio , how so many schemes were being popularized , I don't know how it is beneficial for companies but my views on this are different. Why private companies , shops and malls introduce such schemes on special days and specially sensitive days like this? It is commercializing , they should better do some socializing (if they are so much concerned about women ) and provide help in other good ways. 


Discussion , Laws , Advertisements even sometimes literary piece like this article don't do anything except stir a little enthusiasm to do something useful . We should take our ideas and thoughts and intentions further than this... I may sound an idealist but I have heard - Nothing is Impossible because it only says - I M Possible. 
So , what are we waiting for? At least we can be gentle enough not to politicize and commercialize any sensitive day and instead do a little towards in the issue's direction. Like , did you wish your mother? Or did something in your sister's favor? Whether it is to guide her , motivate her or understand her? Did you ask your wife's problem ? Your wife or girl friend will never speak her true problem until you understand her or ask her.  Make your daughter realize what being woman means and show what responsibilities are attached to this gender. I am sure you have almost forgotten your grandmother , just be kind to her and give her love. And , last but not least , never thought about your "kaam wali bai" :P lolz.. ! don't think dirty , she is also a woman , she has as much right of respect as your mother and sister. So , stop talking all crap , apply your thoughts in your actions and life. Celebrate Women's  Day - Everyday ! :)

Comments

swati said…
well written..........God bless u mah dear!luv u.........
@ngel ~ said…
Yuuu!!! Swati I knew you would love this ... we are soul mates specially when it comes to rebel against society's incongruities :P
Tc! Love you!
God bless u too
Sumit said…
Belated Happy Women's Day !!! :)

I dont know the significance of this day but i am sure a lot of evenet management firms get good business... good for indian economy
@ngel ~ said…
@Aalaap - Thank you...

Significance dat I think nobody knows still ppl celebrate as if its just a rose day n you have to give sm1 a rose to make other happy... and Economy well dats my point - y v need to talk abt business everytym? Is dere no service kinda thing in this world??
MOHAMMAD NAYEEM said…
I am quite surprised abt this Women's Day as they say it and its celebrated once in a year, so does that mean the rest of the year belongs to men! Its high time these kind a crap should be stopped!! ;)
@ngel ~ said…
@Nayeem - Yes Nayeem dat's wat the point is... v shld stop all pomp show... n get back to some real work... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Esc

Red-green-yellow. Lights. Lights off. Silence. The night and owl stories. Lust. Loneliness. He called up. Late in the night and remained silent until he could sleep. She listened to his silence and the monster who wanted to drink blood, not rain. He was not in love. He was honest enough to tell her. She was happy to read him, blindly. The script was being written. She read many... many more.... At times, she prayed to be saved. At times, she got tangled. Then he held her hand, showed her love... She searched for keys. Hastily. Gasping. Pressing. Backspace. DEL. Esc.

when colors speak...

It is so real, isn't it?  I loved the colors... Woods are calling me.... A silence... A path... A spiritual feeling... drowning in Orange effect   - Vincent Van Gogh 

P.S. - Something Unspoken

Hey Vish how are you? I am great darling . How about you? I am good. What’s up? Nothing . I was just having a little booze party with my best friend. Who? Shanky? Yeah ! Who else could be? Wao ! What’s wao in this? No , I mean its good you are with Shanky. Now you will introduce me to him. Right! Shut up! Please Vish … let me once speak to him.. I like him. Why ? What have you seen in him ? Nothing , just his name is nice and I think he would not be lunatic like you… What? Lunatic ! Oh ! Great… listen Jeanie don’t take his name otherwise … What otherwise? Common you are a friend and you behave as if I am your girlfriend. … ok Fine! Go … talk to him. No… leave it now! ( After a brief pause) Jeanie! Yeah! ……… ( A long silence creeps in) Say Vish! Nothing. Vish! I want to tell you something. I made a blunder. What Jeanie? Vish … I got involved in s** with somebody …. Someone who is married… ohh… but not physically it was something … mental s**… I don’t know how to explain everything.. You